Tuesday, November 17, 2009

November 15, 2009

The service was quite long - but it did not seem long at all.  Jeff did a great job of holding our interest, story telling, and relating the stories to the work of the Spirit of God in our midst.

I was concerned before the service how the technical parts would go, because there was a PowerPoint and a DVD for the children's sermon, a video (.avi) for during the offering, and another DVD for the announcements at the end of the service. 

The PowerPoint came in, and it was in Office 2007 format.  The projection computer has office 2003 - not compatible.  I took it to the office computer.  That one has Office 2000!  I had also brought my laptop along, so I ran out to the car and got that so I could transfer the PowerPoint to 2003 format.  Hurdle number one successfully cleared!

The DVDs came in line fairly easily.  I took care of the projector input switching up front, and Becky handled getting things running from the booth in back. Hurdles two and three.

The last item was the .AVI for during the offering.  This was a video from YouTube.  I knew that the chances of a working wireless network connection were at best about one in ten.  So I had captured the video at home and converted it to AVI format.  Indeed, the computer did not connect wirelessly on Sunday.  When I tried to run the AVI, however, the computer could not keep up with it.  It would hang part way through.  So I had to quick learn the song.  I am glad that I had played through the file a number of times getting the video capture!  So we did the offering song live rather than running the video.

I think it is time to replace the projection computer.

And it all came together.  God is faithful!

1 comment:

  1. I felt the flow of the Spirit between music choices and message was powerful! I liked the worship team seated up front. Probably was done because of the up and down of Jeff's mini sermons, but could we somehow ALWAYS have the team either seated up front or at least in the front row? Was a lot less distracting than the way it is done now. Also, I felt the power point for the Children's Sermon, although really touching, was over the little ones heads and too much for a Children's Sermon...too long, too. That would have been GREAT downstairs for Children's Church. The Angel Tree Video maybe should have been played pre-service with the announcement of the start of Angel Tree BEFORE service, especially since church did run long...but powerful, for me anyways...

    ReplyDelete