Monday, October 19, 2009

October 18 service

I have a couple of questions regarding Sunday's service that I would like to get people's impressions on.

1. How did the service hold together?  Did the worship time mesh with the Word time, etc?  The reason I ask is because I did not have the text or sermon theme to work with at the time of putting the service together.  I didn't sense something disjointed or anything like that, but I am wondering if there may have been themes that were present even though they were not overtly planned that way.

2. Musically how did our time seem?  It was the Sunday of 6/8 time worship in the key of D. :-)  Seriously, the songs did flow one into the other.  Was that helpful in the flow of the worship in addition to the flow of the music?

As a reminder, these were the songs:

Pre-service:
 - Come, Now Is The Time To Worship
 - You're Worthy Of My Praise
Opening Worship Time:
 - Praise To The Lord The Almighty
 - High and Lifted Up
 - You are the Lord
Offering:
 - Our Father
Closing Song:
 - Beautiful One

3. Responses to the new-ish song - You Are The Lord?
Here is a link if you need to hear it again.



I took care to try to make sure all the songs were in a singable key.  There is probably no key that works for everyone, but hopefully the key of the songs was not a stumbling block to the message or the moving of the Spirit.

1 comment:

  1. The fact that you did not have the text or the sermon theme leaves me in awe of the Spirit of God, AS ALWAYS! I have to say, when I saw this service on paper, over e-mail, I wondered how anointed it would be. I WAS WRONG!! I wanted to sing so badly, but I was being a caring and listening parent til almost 3am, so did not get up in time to make practice. The sound system was PERFECT when we walked in at about 9:50. You were doing opening praise, which I think should be a STAPLE before service, and it sounded BEAUTIFUL! GREAT song choices, really led my heart to the Lord, even tho I was talking to others in the kitchen, heard the undergird of praise, and it lifted my heart. Opening worship was really good, even tho I think the sound system was then changed some what from when I first walked in, WHY? The new song was PERFECT, in that is was easy to learn and it truly was ANNOINTED for the body to worship GOD! GREAT CHOICE! The part of the sermon that touched me the most personally, was how the Lord wants us to let go of our past and JUST MOVE ON IN HIM AND IN HIS LOVE. I have been a bit trapped in what has happened in my life, have not felt worthy to move on....IT'S NOT ABOUT ME...HE IS WORTHY (Hence, the perfect new-ish song!) The offering song, which was not on the e-mail, is one of my most favorite call to worship songs...Please hear us Lord, we are gathered here to pray...WOW! Mark, you were right on, I thought, and the closing song, again about our BEAUTIFUL, GLORIOUS GOD, was an awesome selection. The lesson for me, God will pour out His Spirit on open , seeking, humble hearts EVERY TIME!! P.S. The key was GREAT! THANKYOU!

    ReplyDelete